Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Invincible Iron Man #506 -drinkin', punchin', and freakin' out

Photobucket

A misleading cover for IIM #506, this would suggest Tony actually does something constructive in this issue. Sadly, he does not. Still, this is a pretty important issue for Fraction's run of Iron Man and an important issue for Fear Itself, at least character-wise. Tony's thoughts and feelings in this issue are important to his character for fanfic writers and Stark lovers all-around, so they're posted more for that than the art.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This is one of my favorite pages in years, "Stop yelling at me" and "I'm drunk, like drunk". I literally love these panels, I printed them out, laminated them, and sleep with them beside me.
Photobucket

This becomes more relevant in the coming issues, and it just looks cool. Have I menchioned I have a strong, irrational dislike for dwarves?
Photobucket
Photobucket

Oh Tony... but you know, on a serious note I like the way Fraction has decided to go with this. If you're going to have Tony relapse and want a different angel- I don't think you can get any different than this, nor anymore ridiculous, and I believe that nothing could make Tony drink again... until I saw this panel. I changed my mind. If anything would make you drink again (aside from laying on a pile of dead people in Paris), a group of belligerent dwarves is a solid bet to make a man of science, technology, and logic go... fuck it.
Photobucket


Please support the comic industry. If you like the scans you see here, please purchase the comic. You can find comics online by going to websites like Midtown Comics http://www.midtowncomics.com/ or purchase a subscription by visiting Marvel Comic’s official website http://subscriptions.marvel.com/ or you can check out the place I get my comics from, they also ship- http://www.modernagereader.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment